The Elite Grappling Championships is New York City’s premier Jiu-Jitsu and grappling competition for men and women. Our goal is to provide the greatest experience for our competitors including high-quality matches and smooth logistics. This inaugural one-day event on October 21 is sure to become a regular mainstay on the NYC Jiu-Jitsu calendar for many years to come.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
10am – 5pm
Adults and adolescents: $10 on entry
Ages 12-and-under: Free entry
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 9/16/2017 – extended till 10/14/2017
- Registration Deadline: 10/17/2017
- Competitor Corrections Deadline: 10/18/2017
- Schedule Release: 10/19/2017
- Brackets Release: 10/19/2017
Competitors will weigh-in on the day of the event, right before their first match wearing their competition outfit. Competitors will only have one attempt to make weight. If a competitor fails to make weight, he/she will be automatically disqualified. There is absolutely no weight class change or refund.
*No-Gi Pro Qualifier competitors can weigh in on 10/20/2017 from 6pm to 8pm, or on the day of the event 10/21/2017 at Baruch College.
- Rooster – 107 lbs
- Light Feather – 118 lbs
- Feather – 129 lbs
- Light – 141.5 lbs
- Middle – 152.5 lbs
- Medium Heavy – 163.5 lbs
- Heavy – 175 lbs
- Super Heavy – 175 + lbs
* Master 1 only available for white, blue, purple and brown.
Male Gi: Adult, Master 1 and 2
- Rooster – 127 lbs
- Light Feather – 141.5 lbs
- Feather – 154.5 lbs
- Light – 168 lbs
- Middle – 181.5 lbs
- Medium Heavy -195 lbs
- Heavy – 208 lbs
- Super Heavy – 222 lbs
- Ultra Heavy – 222 + lbs
* Master 1 not available for black belt, master 2 only available for white, blue, and purple.
NO GI PRO QUALIFIER – 155LBS.
Winner clinches a spot in the organization’s upcoming professional Jiu-Jitsu tournament. Qualifiers will be contested as six-minute matches, with all submissions legal and the IBJJF points system in place.
KASAI’s first professional event will feature an eight-man no gi tournament to decide the organization’s inaugural world champion at 155lbs. Top performers from the world of Jiu-Jitsu will compete in multiple six-minute bouts across two round-robin brackets. Victories by submission will receive more credit and the winners of each bracket will meet in the finals. A date, venue and additional match ups for the card will be announced in due course.
55 Lexington Avenue
New York, NY 10010
EVENT DETAILS AND IMPORTANT INFO.
- Participants will compete under IBJJF rules in traditional gi Jiu-Jitsu attire. For rules refer to: http://ibjjf.com/rules/
- Brackets will be open to male and female grapplers across different weight classes and for all skill levels; white belt through black belt. Medals will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
- Brackets and schedule info. will be published here: https://smoothcomp.com/event/240
- Refer to the schedule link to know when you should be at the event and inside the warm up area.
- The official weight measurements of this event is in POUNDS.
The registration fee is 100% refundable up through October 14, 2017. After October 14, 2017, the registration fee is non-refundable.
More Event Details:
- Athletes will receive a complimentary event t-shirt which they should pick up at the event. All t-shirts should be picked up at the event’s shirt booth.
- Any false information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future KASAI events.
- We try to accommodate as many athletes as possible in our events, but there is a limit on the number of athletes in order to guarantee a high-quality event.
- KASAI reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the IBJJF Rules Book).
- We strongly suggest that athlete registration is finalized before making any travel arrangements.
- Before each match, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification(ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
- For full Terms and Conditions, please refer to the T&C listed here, upon the Registration link: https://smoothcomp.com/event/240