KASAI Elite Grappling Championships kicks off 2018 with the ‘KASAI Pro 2’ amateur qualifier in pursuit of Jiu-Jitsu’s next breakout star.
Taking place Saturday, March 3 at the Renzo Gracie Fight Academy in Brooklyn, New York, this one-day no-gi event is open to grapplers competing at 185lbs (83.9kg). The tournament will feature six-minute bouts and will use the IBJJF points system. No advantages will be awarded and all submissions are legal.
The winner of this tournament will advance to ‘KASAI Pro 2’s eight-man World Middleweight Championship, currently scheduled for April 14.
Interested parties can sign up for KASAI Pro 2’s amateur qualifier via the link below, or KASAI’s SmoothComp page. Tournament registration is open to parties aged 18 and above.
- Saturday, March 3, 2018
- Renzo Gracie Fight Academy, 100 Bayard St, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Start time TBD
- Spectators welcome! (Adults/Adolescents: $10, Children 12-and-under: Free)
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: 2/24/2018
- Registration Deadline: 3/1/2018
- Schedule Release: 3/2/2018
- Brackets Release: 3/2/2018
- Competitors will weigh-in at Renzo Gracie Academy, 224 w 30th Street, Mezzanine level, NYC, wearing their competition outfit. Date and time TBD.
- Competitors will only have one attempt to make weight.
- If a competitor fails to make weight, he/she will be disqualified. Disqualified competitors will not receive a refund.
- The registration fee is 100% refundable up through 2/24. Registration fees will be non-refundable after this date.
- Prior to competing, athletes will be asked to show their valid form of photo identification (ID) to the officials. Make sure you have it on hand.
- False information provided during registration such as, but not limited to, DOB, may lead to immediate disqualification. Such actions are also subject to suspension from future KASAI events.
- KASAI reserves the right to close registration when we reach full capacity, or on the day of the appointed event registration deadline, whichever comes first.
- It is the responsibility of the athlete to be knowledgeable of the rules and guidelines pertaining to the sport (as outlined in the IBJJF Rules Book).
- We strongly suggest that athletes finalize their registration before making travel arrangements.